Blue Wave House at Pipeline -
Property #1866: Description
Contemporary and luxurious home sits on the beach at North Shore, the world’s most famous surfing area. Recent movies and television programs filmed in the area like Blue Crush or Soul Surfer and Lost and Hawaii 50, have further heightened the attraction. In addition to surfing, you can experience Hawaiian country life…Waimea Valley Falls Park, horse pastures, a growing local artist scene and quaint historic Haleiwa Town
The Blue Wave House sits beachfront at the most famous surf spot – North Shore’s Banzai Pipeline and has nearly 4000 sq ft of the highest quality design and furnishings with contemporary, Indonesian, and Asian feel throughout. With unmatched views of the beach and sunsets from nearly every room in the home, this is beachfront, waterfront living that you dream about. Also named the “Pipe House” by local surfers for the wave shape roof, this home adds a special magic to your Hawaii vacation.
From the outside you will see the dramatic wave design of the roof line. Entering the home through an imported 15’ wide Bali temple door, you’ll see the openness as the ceiling follows the curvature and creates a feeling of being inside the waves. Every part of the home is intended to give a calm sense of being at peace with nature and the infinity of the ocean.
The living room features pocket sliding doors that open up the room to a breathless view of the beach and ocean. The dining room, kitchen, and both master bedrooms have unobstructed views of the beach, ocean, and frequent rainbows. The sound of the surf permeates and you cannot feel closer.
Each bedroom has its own unique theme and the lounge/study has a large HD TV for evening entertainment should you decide to remain in.
Street side, there is a spectacular bicycle path that runs from Sunset Beach to Waimea Falls that feels like riding through a tropical garden.
The front gate and house alarm system increase safety and privacy.
Additional photos at www.surfbreakrentals.com/listing/162
Attractions and Activities
Things to Do in the Area
• Visit Haleiwa Town. This town has succeeded to maintaining its surfing heritage. You don't want to miss visiting this charming town without any buildings taller than two stories and is vintage shave ice stands and Hawaiian art galleries.
• Shave Ice Stands: Two of the best shave ice stands are located in Haleiwa Town, Matsumoto's or Aoki's, both located at the western end of Haleiwa Town on the main road.
• Skydive Hawaii: Right at Mokuleia is the small Dillingham airport where those seeking adventure can find skydiving or glider plane rides.
• Get a Massage on the beachside lanai listening to the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore and cool trade winds blowing. Several l massage professionals will come to the home and give you a private massage to ease you into the relaxed style of the North Shore. Turtle Bay is another great place to get a massage or facial.
• Sports Equipment Rental. You can rent ocean toys at a variety of locations on the North Shore. Bike and board rental can be found next to Foodland. Another popular location is the Surf 'N Sea shop which is located just north of the Haliewa Bridge as you are leaving Haleiwa Town.
• Golfing at Turtle Bay Resort: Turtle Bay Resort features two championship golf courses that are among the finest in Hawaii. The Arnold Palmer Course is consistently ranked as one of the top 100 in the world and is a select location for prestigious PGA and LPGA tournaments. Club rentals available (Nike, TaylorMade).
• Dole Plantation. A fun activity for families is the Dole Plantation located a short drive from Haleiwa Town. The facility has a pineapple train ride, a maze and other activities related to the planting and harvesting of pineapples from Hawaii.
• Eco-Tours. Hawai'i Journey’s Tours offers a variety of unique specialty eco-tours. They range from a tour featuring a swim at Wai Hi waterfall, a private tour of a native plant garden and ancient archaeological site, and exploration of a forested botanical garden and animals to a tour to an ancient sacred birthing site for Hawaiian royalty.
• Hawaii Shark Encounter Tours: For those who would like to have an extreme exciting experience, Hawaii Shark Encounter Tours might fit the bill.
• The Polynesian Cultural Center. Hawaii's most authentic luau and dinner show at this 42 acre center where you will experience authentic South Pacific cultures as they have existed for thousands of years. Play the Derua bamboo drums of Fiji, participate in the Haka war dance of Aotearoa (New Zealand) and make fire from sticks and coconut husks in the Samoan Village.
• Glider Rides - The Honolulu Soaring Club takes people up for glider rides at the Dillingham Airfield in Mokuleia. Open daily 10-5:30. This is a unique treat.
• Polo Games. On Sundays, just before the beach park in Mokuleia, there is a polo field where championship games are held. It's a fun Sunday gathering.
• Dune Buggy Rentals - There are 3 wheeled dune buggy rentals just past the Turtle Bay Resort. They also have "sail" buggies and plenty of space and sand dunes to play around in. The Turtle Bay Resort also has dune buggies for rent.
• Surf Lessons- Whether you are a beginner that has never surfed before or an experienced wave rider, several local companies offer a wide range of coaching services, customized surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons, surf tours, surf camps or surf parties.
• Go Sportfishing for the day or half day out of Haleiwa Harbor.
• Visit Pearl Harbor and the Bowfin Museum Take in a piece of American history and visit the Arizona Memorial, Missouri and submarines of World War II
• Hiking opportunities on Oahu are endless. Explore the natural fauna and flora of the island.
• Scuba Dive on all shores of the island. Check out Surf and Sea on the North Shore or Breeze Hawaii for shipwreck dives.
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Garden View
- Hot Tub
- CD Player
- Cable TV
- Ceiling Fans
- Bath Tub
- Kids Okay
- Add'l Outdoor Shower
- No Smoking
- CLICK ON "Blue Wave House" above photo for brief description.
Stainless steel kitchen
Indonesian and oriental furniture
Near all activities...golf
||MIN. STAY / NOTES
|Sep-mid Nov 2014
Additional rate information:
Discount for multiple weeks.
Christmas and New Years week - $1250 daily rate with 7 night minimum
Reservations and More Info